Description - Ballistic tiles are designed for use in shooting ranges and gun clubs. These extra thick and extremely durable rubber tiles assist in ricochet reduction and help to reduce noise levels at firing ranges. Ballistic tiles can be loose laid in a wall to wall installation or adhered in place using a little double sided carpet tape or polyurethane adhesive.
Note – Ballistic tiles are not bullet proof but can help slow pistol and rifle rounds.
Material – A composite of recycled crumb rubber and proprietary urethane adhesive.
Size – 24" x 24"
Thickness – 1.5"
Weight – 28 Lbs. per tile/
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Ballistic tiles have been used in indoor and outdoor shooting ranges, in gun club firing ranges, and in ranges for use in military and law enforcement training.
These tiles are currently in use by:
- The California Highway Patrol in Sacramento.
- The U.S. Border Patrol near San Diego.
- The Orange County Sheriff's Department.
- The Department of Defense
Homeland Security Training Division in New Mexico.
Ballistic tiles can be cleaned in two ways. Maintenance of these shooting range rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tile surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the tile with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.