Description - One of our most popular commercial grade rubber tiles is now available in our most popular thickness for home gyms. Featuring all the great qualities of our 3/8” Sport-Lock Rubber Tiles, our 8mm Sport-Lock Rubber Tiles were made with the residential home gym customer in mind. Available in a 3' x 3' tile, installation of your new home gym will be a breeze. With two removable edge pieces, any tile can be made into a corner, border, or center tile will ease. Backed by a 5-year warranty, we are certain this tile will become one of our most popular home gym floors.
Note: - Removable edge pieces may require some cutting for proper removal.
Material – Recycled rubber SBR rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks.
Size – 36” x 36”.
Thickness – 8mm
Weight – Each tile weighs approximately 17 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – 8mm Sport-Lock Rubber Tiles are durable enough for any commercial gym, but were constructed with the home gym owner in mind. These rubber tiles are great for any home gym application and are commonly found as flooring in basements, in workshops, in home garage gyms, as trade show flooring, in laundry rooms, as utility room flooring, and much more.
Sport-Lock rubber tiles are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 36” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 36” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.