Description - 6mm Sport Pack rubber tiles are designed to be a high quality, low cost flooring solution for home gyms and light commercial areas. These tiles are sold in packs of 4 and are available in one color, black. These tiles are perfect to use as custom mats under treadmills, stationary bikes, and weight equipment or as flooring for a whole gym, being durable and versatile enough to not dent or tear. These tiles are center cut tiles and can be easily cut and installed with use of a sharp utility knife and straight edge and once installed, will appear virtually seamless being a precision cut tile. Since our Sport Pack tiles are interlocking tiles, no tape or adhesive is required for installation meaning less time and less mess installing your new floor. Just like our other rubber products, our Sports Pack gym tiles come with a 5 year warranty.
Material – Recycled SBR rubber.
Size – 24” x 24” (Note: Tiles do overlap 1.125” where they lock together).
Thickness – 6 mm thick (approx. 1/4").
Weight – Each Energy tile weighs approximately 5 Lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Sport Pack interlocking rubber tiles are the perfect tiles to use as flooring for home gyms, workout rooms, light duty commercial gyms, basements, dog kennel flooring, and rec room flooring or as custom mats under treadmills, stationary bikes, weight benches, and weight equipment or anywhere else a non-slip, shock absorbing rubber floor surface would be useful.
Sport Pack tiles are extremely durable and easy to maintain. Maintenance of these interlocking tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.