Description - Our 3/8" Sport-Lock Rubber Tiles are the perfect tiles to use in any commercial or home gym application. This interlocking tile is a center tile that comes with removable edge pieces on two ends, which allows you to turn any tile into a corner, border, or center tile. This means you can spend less time figuring how many of each tile you will need and more time enjoying your new floor. These gym tiles are also very easy to install, only needing a sharp utility knife and straight edge to cut, and will appear virtually seamless once fully installed. These rubber tiles can also be used to create custom mats that won’t dent or tear under treadmills, stationary bikes, or weight benches. Just like our Tight-Lock tiles, our Sport-Lock tile features a 5-year warranty.
Note: - Removable edge pieces may require some cutting for proper removal.
Material – Recycled rubber SBR rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks.
Size – 36” x 36” (Interlocked size - 36" x 36")
Thickness – 3/8" (~9mm)
Weight – Each tile weighs approximately 20 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Sport-Lock tiles have been used successfully in both residential and commercial applications. These interlocking rubber tiles have been used in weight rooms, home gyms, exercise rooms, locker rooms, doggie daycares, pet grooming facilities, baseball dugouts, bathrooms, outdoor decks, patios, as anti-fatigue mats, and under stationary bikes, treadmills, and fitness equipment.
In Stock - Ships between Aug 15 - 18
Sport-Lock Rubber Tiles are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance for interlocking rubber tiles includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasionally damp mopping with a mild soap and water solution. Recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the subfloor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives aren’t usually needed since the weight of the product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, you can use some double-sided tape or mat tape around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.