Description - USFloors Traditional Plank Collection is the perfect cork flooring solution for the cost conscious consumer. This collection is very popular because of the price point and the variety of styles and colors available. This cork plank flooring is very easy to install, using a special shaped “click” together tongue and groove system to interlock the planks together. This feature ensures a tighter connection during installation and beyond and allows for the cork system to be installed in areas where standard tongue and groove systems can’t such as bathrooms and odd shaped rooms. Since this floor is a floating floor, no adhesive or tape is needed for the installation of the flooring system meaning less mess and less time installing your new floor. The Traditional Plank Collection features several different colors/patterns and is constructed of natural cork making this a very ‘Green’ product. In addition, cork flooring helps to reduce noise and also helps to provide insulation over cold subfloors. So if you are looking for a cost effective yet Eco-Friendly way to floor your home, then USFloors Traditoinal Plank Collection is for you.
Material – Traditional plank floor tiles are made with a cork sound control backing adhered to an HDF baseboard, which is then adhered to another insulating cork layer before finally being adhered to a decorative and natural cork veneer layer. The entire top veneer is then coated with a ceramic wear layer, which aids in the flooring's durability.
Size – Cork Tiles are 35-5/8" long x 11-5/8" wide.
Thickness – ~10mm (13/32")
Weight – Each cork plank weighs ~5 lbs.
Recommended Uses – USFloors Traditional Plank flooriong tiles are designed for use in commercial and residential areas where foot traffic is the main source of wear. Some common places where cork flooring can be found include kitchens, half baths, wine cellars, libraries, in dens, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, basements and much much more.
Traditional Plank cork flooring is easy to clean and maintain. To properly protect and maintain your new cork floor, just follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum you flooring frequently in order to avoid the build-up of abrasive particles which can scratch you flooring.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, use only a damp mop with a mild soap. Never use a wet mop.
- Spills should always be cleaned immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to doors and in front of kitchen sinks to prevent wear. Try to avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- To prevent indentations in your new floor, install proper protectors under the “feet” of any furniture. This will help to reach a proper weight distribution across the flooring surface, thus abating indentations. Proper protectors are made of felt, flexible rubber, or saucer-shaped plastic guides.
- Caster wheeled chairs should have wide, rubber casters preferably. Protective mats are recommended under office chairs.
- It is recommended that a humidity level of 30-50% be maintained to reduce the risk of your floor buckling. A humidifier may be necessary to achieve this humidity level.
Note: Do not use any cleaning products that contain abrasive chemicals or solvents such as acetone and they can cause irreversible damage to the floor surface.
For more detailed maintenance and protection information, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. To view the installation instructions, please Click Here.