Description - 8mm (5/16" thick) Remnant Rubber Rolls offer a durable rolled rubber flooring in pre cut lengths. Remnant rolls are priced at a discount to help alleviate excess inventory of select colors. Even though these rolls are low in cost, they offer the same high quality rolled rubber flooring as are regular 8mm rolled rubber flooring products. All remnants are sold “AS IS”. No returns are allowed and no warranty applies.
Material –Black recycled rubber
Width – 4 feet wide per roll
Length – Rolls are available in various lengths.
Thickness – 8mm (Approx. 5/16")
Weight – 1.8 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – 8mm remnant rolls are perfect for use as residential and/or commercial gym flooring. They have also been used as basement flooring, dog kennel flooring, and as locker room flooring.
In Stock - Ships between Aug 5 - 9
8mm Remnant rubber rolls are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of this rolled rubber flooring typically involves:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rolled rubber floor surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the Remnant rolls with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation