Description - Shaw Color Accents residential carpet tiles are the largest tile collection Shaw carries featuring over 60 different color options to choose from. These carpet tiles are solid color tiles that can be used as accent tiles for many of the other carpet tile collections or as flooring for a whole room. You can also mix and match the tiles to create fun and vibrant colored area rugs that can be placed throughout your home. These floor tiles are also perfect for play areas due to the number of colors available and basements. These carpet tile squares are very easy to install only needing double-sided tape or a pressure sensitive adhesive and can be used in both residential and commercial spaces. These modular carpet tiles are also very ‘Eco-Friendly’ being constructed with recycled nylon fibers and a backing that is 100% PVC free, making them perfect for anyone looking to go ‘Green’. Color Accents tiles are also backed by a lifetime warranty, and are sure to last for as long as you own your flooring.
Recommended Installation Pattern - Quarter Turn (Parquet).
Material - 100% solution dyed nylon with an Ecoworx backing. Ecoworx is a thermoplastic backing that is 100% PVC free.
Size - 24" x 24"
Thickness - 0.263"
Weight - 0.83 Lbs. per sqft.
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses)
Origin - Made in the USA
Recommended Uses - Shaw Color Accents carpet tiles have been used in both commercial and residential applications because of their durability, versatility and ease of installation. Because of these facts, carpet tiles are quickly replacing broadloom carpet and have been installed in nurseries, basements, kitchens, bedrooms, weight rooms, home gyms, garages, workout rooms, and elderly care rooms and many other areas.
Carpet Tile squares do not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water. You can also easily remove the floor carpet tile, clean individual tile and replace it.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (i.e. carpet cleaner). Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
For detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Carpet Tiles are easy to install. Installation of Shaw Color Accents tiles typically includes:
- In wall to wall installations, tiles can be adhered with double-sided tape or you can use a pressure sensitive adhesive for a more permanent hold. You would apply the adhesive with 1/16" V-Notch trowel.
- If you are using the tiles to create a rug, then double-sided carpet tape is all that is required to keep the tiles in place.
- For commercial or permanent installations, the use of a pressure sensitive adhesive or acrylic adhesive would be recommended to keep the tiles in place. Again, you would use a 1/16" V-Notch trowel or a 3/8" foam paint roller if needed.
For more detailed Shaw carpet tile installation instructions, please Click Here.