Description - Chatterbox residential carpet tiles by Shaw, like Channel Stitch, are a line patterned tile which comes in 10 popular colors. Just like Channel Stitch, Chatterbox when installed gives you a Parquet look and can be easily installed with double-sided tape. And as like Shaw’s other tiles, this tile collection can be used in both residential and commercial environments and can be installed as flooring for a whole room or as a custom area rug. These floor tiles are also very ‘Green’ utilizing a recycled nylon fiber and a PVC free backing, making them perfect the perfect product for the environmentally conscious consumer. Shaw Chatterbox tiles are also backed by a lifetime warranty and are just as easy to clean and maintain as broadloom carpet.
Recommended Installation Pattern - Quarter Turn (Parquet).
Material - 100% solution dyed nylon with an Ecoworx backing. Ecoworx is a thermoplastic backing that is 100% PVC free.
Size - 24" x 24"
Thickness - 0.245"
Weight - 0.83 Lbs. per square foot.
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses)
Origin - Made in the USA
Recommended Uses - Shaw Chatterbox Carpet Tile squares have been used in both commercial and residential applications because of their durability, versatility and ease of installation. Because of these facts, carpet tiles are quickly replacing broadloom carpet and have been installed in nurseries, basements, kitchens, bedrooms, weight rooms, home gyms, garages, workout rooms, and elderly care rooms and many other areas.
Carpet Tile squares do not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water. You can also easily remove the floor carpet tile, clean individual tile and replace it.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (i.e. carpet cleaner). Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
For detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Carpet Tiles are easy to install. Installation of Shaw Chatterbox tiles typically includes:
- In wall to wall installations, tiles can be adhered with double-sided tape or you can use a pressure sensitive adhesive for a more permanent hold. You would apply the adhesive with 1/16" V-Notch trowel.
- If you are using the tiles to create a rug, then double-sided carpet tape is all that is required to keep the tiles in place.
- For commercial or permanent installations, the use of a pressure sensitive adhesive or acrylic adhesive would be recommended to keep the tiles in place. Again, you would use a 1/16" V-Notch trowel or a 3/8" foam paint roller if needed.
For more detailed Shaw carpet tile installation instructions, please Click Here.