Description - Versailles, also known as the French or Ashlar pattern, is an aesthetically pleasing, old world look that helps accentuate the natural beauty of stone. This floor pattern helps to break up large areas such as patios and living rooms, and is great in hallways, bathrooms, kitchens, and dining rooms. Shaw’s Versailles utilizes three colors from the Resort vinyl tile collection in four different sizes and each box contains 32 square feet of tile, which is 24 tiles altogether. Each tile has been cut squarely to fit the pattern, so no additional cutting is needed to complete a full pattern. Grouting of the tiles can be done to give the floor a more realistic stone look, or one could butt the tiles up to each other to create the Versailles pattern. Shaw Resort Versailles is backed by a 25 year warranty and features ArmourBead, which is 5 times stronger than standard polyurethane finishes, ensuring a long lasting beautiful floor for years to come.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – Luxury vinyl tiles in the Versailles pattern come in 4 different sizes. They are: 4 tiles at 16" x 16", 4 tiles at 8" x 8", 2 tiles at 8" x 16", and 2 tiles at 16" x 24".
Thickness – 3mm
Wear Layer – 6 MIL (0.152 mm)
Weight – ~38 Lbs. per box.
Recommended Uses – Shaw Resort Versailles luxury is a unique flooring pattern that is great for any residential application. Areas where these vinyl tiles have been installed are kitchens, bathrooms, dining rooms, living rooms, indoor patios, basements, home offices, office buildings and much more.
Luxury Vinyl tiles are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation of Shaw Resort Versailles is commonly done by our customers. Installation of this popular pattern is as follows:
- First place on 8-inch by 8-inch tile in the center.
- Next you will want to position two 16-inch by 16-inch tiles with one above where the right edge of the larger tile is flush with the right edge of the 8-inch tile, and one to the left so that the top edge of the second 16-inch tile is flush with the top edge of the 8-inch tile.
- Next place one 8-inch by 16-inch tile on the bottom of the section that the 8-inch edge presses against the 16-inch square tile and half of the 16-inch edge is pressed against the base edge of the square 8-inch tile.
- Now place a 16-inch by 24- inch tile in the corner created by the rectangular 8-inch by 16-inch tile and the square 8-inch tile so that the 16-inch edge runs horizontally, extending out to the right of the structure.
- Now position a 16-inch by 16-inch tile immediately below the 16-inch by 24-inch tile so that the left edge of the square tile is pressed against the short edge of the 8-inch by 16-inch tile.
- Lay a 16-inch by 24-inch tile with the 24-inch side running horizontally immediately to the left of the 16-inch by 16-inch tile and pressed again the base of the rectangular tile and half of the base of the first 16-inch square tile. Place a 8-inch square tile against the last half of the base of the first 16-inch tile and against the left edge of the 16-inch by 24-inch tile.
- Next place and 8-inch square tile immediately above the first 16-inch square tile with a 16-inch square tile right above the 8-inch tile. Position an 8-inch by 16-inch tile with the 16-inch edge pressed against the 8-inch square tile and original 16-inch square tile.
- Lastly, position an 8-inch square tile so that the right edge is flush with the right edge of the top-right 16-inch by 24-inch tile. The 8-inch tile must be on top of the large rectangle with the right edges flush to complete the overall design.
Note:You will repeat the steps as many times as needed to complete your floor. Some cutting may be needed as you run into walls or cabinetry. Grouting of the floor adds aesthetic appeal, but is not necessary to complete your installation.
- Avoid all foot traffic for 12 hours after installation unless using a spray adhesive which can be walked on immediately.
- Avoid rolling load traffic for at least 24-72 hours. If rolling loads cannot be avoided, protect the new flooring with wood panels.
For moe detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.