Description - Shaw’s Easy Street vinyl plank collection features deep embossing in extremely fashionable designs ranging from contemporary to rustic, creating the real look and feel of natural hardwood flooring. Being one of the first products in Shaw’s new VersaFit line, these vinyl planks can be installed as a floating floor or glued down. With a 20 MIL wear layer and a lifetime warranty, these luxury vinyl planks have been designed to not fade in direct sunlight or in artificial light and are warranted to not stain or wear through.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6" wide x 48" long.
Thickness – 4mm
Wear Layer – 20 MIL
Weight – Each vinyl tile weighs ~3.39 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Shaw Easy Street luxury vinyl planks are very easy to install and can be found in both residential and light commercial applications. You can find these vinyl planks in kitchens, basements, living rooms, dens, in churches, as flooring for family rooms, in dining rooms, in bedrooms and much more.
Luxury vinyl planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of Shaw planks is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Square the product in the room leaving a 2-5 mm expansion space against the wall.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall (see diagram at left).
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage In*Step tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges of the In-Step by installing wall moulding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
For moe detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.