Description - Our Southern Expressions Plank Collection boasts soft yet bold hardwood imagery. Old world charm radiates from these planks and is captured in surface embossed detail to resemble a traditional hardwood look and feel. Waterproof and resistant to bacterial growth, these planks are easy to clean and maintain. This DIY friendly floating floor is even easy to install, using the built in interlocking system for a more seamless appearance. Durable wear layer and a lifetime residential warranty ensure you will love these vinyl hard wood planks for years to come. Beautiful, soft and rich color options are sure to look beautiful in any room of the home or commercial application.
Material – Constructed using premium luxury vinyl and built for outstanding wear and structural integrity. Our vinyl flooring is manufactured with multiple layers of construction, giving the floor added durability and versatility. This collection is also hypoallergenic and features a built in antimicrobial treatment to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew. Each durable top wear layer provides UV protection against fading and superb scratch resistance to ensure a long lasting floor.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6" wide x 49" long.
Thickness – 5mm
Wear Layer – 22MIL (0.559 mm)
Weight – Each plank weighs ~ 4 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Southern ExpressionsVinyl Planks feature a durable 22mil wear layer for a lifetime of luxury. These planks are perfect in high traffic and commercial environments. Southern Expressions Planks have been enjoyed in residential areas like living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, home dens, and commercial spaces like offices buildings, retail stores, and more.
Luxury Vinyl Planks are very easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly dust mopping or sweeping may be needed to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Make sure to periodically clean exterior and interior floor mats to ensure that tracking of mud, dirt and debris does not persist.
- When mopping floors, make sure to block off areas to be cleaned; they may be slippery until dry.
- Mop the floor clean with a clean mop. Pick up soil and excess solution with a clean mop tightly wrung out. Then you will want to rinse the floor with cold water.
- Let floor dry completely before allowing foot traffic back on the floor.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of floating floor is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall.
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right.
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique, or with the use of a crosscut power saw.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage In*Step tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges by installing wall molding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
For more detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.