Description - Our smart rubber tiles are a smart tile choice for the home user looking for a portable, easy to manage floor tile that is low in price and high in value. These tiles use a patented interlocking design where each tile has removable edge pieces attached and has the ability to be a center, border, or corner tile. These tiles are offered in packages of 8 tiles each and offer the advantage of being able to be shipped via a small package carrier which means low shipping costs for smaller home exercise rooms and gyms.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the low cost recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Size – 16.5” x 16.5” (Note: When removable edge pieces are attached, the tiles are 17.5” x 17.5”)
Thickness – 1/4 Inch
Weight – 2.80 Lbs. per tile. Each box of tiles weighs approximately 22.5 Lbs.
Origin – Proudly made in the USA from start to finish
Recommended Uses – Smart tiles are commonly used as gym tiles for exercise flooring in home gyms and light fitness rooms, as a temporary flooring solution to protect designer floor finishes such as wood or ceramic tile, as basement flooring and play room flooring for children’s rooms, under exercise equipment, on decks, docks, and patios, in toll and storage sheds, and any other place where a light weight and easy to install rubber tile solution would be beneficial. These tiles are usually not recommended for commercial installations or places where heavy use and/or wear could take place on the tile.
Smart tiles are a piece of cake to clean and maintain. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically consists of:
- Vacuuming any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.