Description - These recycled rubber playground tiles are made in the US and are designed to keep kids safe when playing on jungle gyms, swing sets, and other playground equipment or athletic areas. What sets the SafePlay Designer series playground surfaces apart from the normal SafePlay safety tiles is a colorful top layer providing added durability and many color options to set your playground surface apart from boring wood chips or sand and keep it beautiful for years to come. This rubber playground surface exhibits excellent resistance to weathering and aging, and also has three different thicknesses, 2 .5”, 3.5” and 3.75”, to help ensure the safety of children from different fall heights. They also provide a clean and safe alternative to wood and playground rubber mulch. This playground surface can be used indoors as well as outdoors and when installed correctly, provides proper drainage.
Material – Our Premium Playground rubber tiles are composed of high-quality recycled SBR rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber granules bound with a wear and weather resistant polyurethane. The colorful top surface layer is made from EPDM virgin rubber for enhanced color and UV stability.
Size – Tiles are 24” x 24”, Ramps are 8" x 48" for 2.5" thick tile options and 12" x 48" for 3.5" and 3.75" tile options, Inside corners are 12" x 12" and outside corners are 16": x 16" for all thicknesses.
Thickness – 2.5” thick (6 foot fall height rating), 3.5” thick (8 foot fall height rating), 3.75” thick, (10 foot fall height rating).
Weight – 2.5” thick tiles weigh 28 pounds each, 3.5” thick tiles weigh 33.25 pounds each, and 3.75” tiles weigh 35.75 pounds each.
Recommended Uses – These tiles have been used successfully in school and park playgrounds, in community playgrounds, in skateboard parks, rock climbing walls, community play areas for children, as decks and patios, on rooftops, in day care centers, as indoor and outdoor walk ways and paths, and any other place where a fall absorbing playground or general rubber surface would be beneficial.
Safe-Play tiles are virtually maintenance free. If you do feel the need to clean the playground surface, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber playground tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the tile surfaces such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the playground rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution and disinfecting of the tiles with a bleach and water or alcohol and water solution can be useful to help prevent the transmission of colds if kids are sick. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the outdoor playground rubber surface over time.
- For 2.5" and 3.5" thick tiles, we recommend purchasing connector clips in a ratio of 3.6 clips per tile
- For the 3.75" thick safe play tiles, an adhesive and/or seam sealer is required to properly keep the tiles in place.
- For complete installation instructions, please Click Here.
If you would like further explanation or help determining exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.