Description - People usually go all out on their playground equipment, but skimp on the actual surface that will keep their kids safe. Well, skimp no more with our PlaySafe Interlocking Playground Tiles – Designer Series. Available in several fun colors, feel free to create the perfect custom playground for your home or business. These rubber tiles are very easy to install and are just as easy to clean and maintain. Resistant to mold and mildew growth, these interlocking playground tiles are backed by a 10-year warranty.
Material – Recycled rubber, and paint are the primary materials. Standard painted solid colors can fade in the sunlight overtime like any rubber product however these colors are designed to provide the most attractive and durable outdoor painted tile surface available.
Size – 2' x 2' tiles.
Thickness – 2.25" thick (4 foot fall height rating), 3.25” thick (6 foot fall height rating), 4.25” thick (8 foot fall height rating), and 5.25" thick (12 foot fall height rating) tiles are available.
Weight – 2.25" thick tiles weigh 26 pounds each, 3.25” thick tiles weigh 31 pounds each 4.25” thick tiles weigh 34 pounds each, and 5.25" thick tiles weigh 40 pounds each.
Recommended Uses – PlaySafe Interlocking Playground Tiles - Designer Series are the safest most durable safety flooring we offer and are great for bht commerical and residential playgrounds.
PlaySafe interlocking playground tiles are virtually maintenance free. No daily maintenance is required normally however if you do feel the need to clean the surface of the playground flooring, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the surface such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else a damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the playground tiles with a mild soap and water solution and disinfecting of the tiles with a bleach and water or alcohol and water solution can be useful to help prevent the transmission of colds if kids are sick. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the rubber playground surface over time.
- PlaySafe Tiles interlock together so that no dowels or adhesive is required to install these playground tiles. For public installation's such as in schools or parks, adhesive is still recommended to prevent theft.
- To prevent any movement of the tiles adhesive is sometimes used under the perimeter tiles in residential applications.
If you would like further explanation or help determining exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.