Description - Our 6mm Evo Tile offer a durable yet economical rubber flooring solution. These tiles are designed to provide a functional rubber flooring surface in places where appearance may not be the top priority. Some tiles may be all black and others may have a very small amount of random color flecks in them. As is the case in most recycled product, there is no guarantee on the tile color. As such, we cannot accept returns on these tiles for reasons such as varying colors. The construction of the tiles is still top notch and the tiles will lock together tightly. Each tile is a center cut tile meaning they will have interlocking tabs on all four sides. If you would like to install them wall to wall in a room, the tiles can be easily cut square on one or two sides with a utility knife and a straight edge such as a ruler.
Material – Reground rubber that is made from the post industrial recycled rubber created during the production of our standard rubber products.
Size – 36” x 36” (Note: Tiles do overlap 1” where they lock together)
Thickness – 6mm (~1/4")
Weight – Each tile weighs approximately 10.5 Lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA
Recommended Uses – Evo rubber tiles have been used successfully as personal gym flooring, as utility room flooring, in basements, as storage shed flooring, and as an anti slip industrial shop flooring where a low cost functional product is needed.
Evo tiles are easy to clean and maintain. Maintenance of these interlocking tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dirt, crumbs, dust, or debris from the floor tile surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.