Description - Our 3/8” InterPlay Rubber tiles are the perfect tiles to use for any outdoor or indoor flooring project. These tiles feature four vibrant colors and are an interlocking tile, which makes for a very simple and easy install. These tiles only come as a center tile, so you will need to cut them to create your border and corner tiles. This can be achieved simply with a sharp utility knife. Since these flooring tiles have color on the top and bottom, it allows for you utilize either side of the tiles say if one side were to become damaged. Our InterPlay tiles are also usually stocked and typically ship out the same or next business day. So if you are looking for quick and easy flooring tiles to put in an area, this product is the one for you.
Material – Our tiles are made from 75% recycled rubber.
Size – 20” x 20”
Thickness – 3/8" thick (~9mm)
Weight – Each tile weighs about 6lbs.
Recommended Uses – 3/8" InterPlay Rubber Tiles have been successfully used in home gyms, out door patios, fitness areas, outdoor play areas, workshops, basements, garages, and sheds.
InterPlay tiles are are easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of this indoor/outdoor tile system typically includes:
- Sweeping the surface of the rubber tile with a stiff outdoor bristle broom when necessary.
- Spraying or hosing off the tiles with clean water as needed.
- Vacuuming the surface of the rubber flooring with a shop vac if needed.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.