Description - Save big with our excess inventory of Slate Flex tiles with our Slate Flex Tiles – Closeout. Featuring the same great quality as our standard tiles, our closeouts are colors that we have overstock of and need to sell immediately. These interlocking tiles are priced to move and can be ordered in any amount desired. Even though these tiles are virtually brand new, there may be some surface imperfections and color variation, thus these tiles are being sold “as is” at discounted prices. This also means that no warranty applies and returns and exchanges will not be permitted. So take advantage of this excess stock and save with our Slate Flex Tiles – Closeout.
Material – Slate pattern tiles are constructed entirely of a proprietary blend of flexible PVC that guarantees a durable, vibrant, and attractive low cost floor tile solution. This material also ensures that the tiles are flexible in order to have the anti-fatigue flooring qualities often associated with rubber flooring but also the long wear life and chemical resistance associated with PVC tiles.
Size – 20" x 20"
Thickness – 0.197" (5.0mm)
Weight – 4.1 Lbs. per tile
Recommended Uses – Slate Flex Tiles have been used successfully in both commerical and residential spaces. These tiles are so versatile that they have been installed in living rooms, kitchens, garages, entry ways, laundry rooms, playrooms, bedrooms, basements, utility rooms, dens and much more.
Designer Series tiles are low maintenance and easy to clean. Cleaning of these interlocking tiles typically consists of:
- Sweeping any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the vinyl floor tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the tiles with a mild soap and water solution. Some common soaps often used are dish detergents and tide laundry detergent.
- Due to each tile being coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles and in most instances this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.