Description - USFloors wide tile New Dimension cork collection is available in 2 fashionable colors that are sure to match any room’s décor. These cork tiles are very easy to install using a special “click” together tongue and groove system eliminating the need for any glue or tape, allowing you more time to enjoy your new floor. These tiles can be installed virtually anywhere being both mold and mildew resistant and are durable enough to be used in both residential and commercial environments. These tiles are also very ‘Eco-Friendly’ being constructed with natural cork and are the perfect floor for anyone who is looking to go ‘Green’. These interlocking cork tiles are backed by a lifetime warranty and are sure to provide you with warmth and comfort for years to come.
Material – New Dimensions floor tiles are made with a cork sound control backing adhered to an HDF baseboard, which is then adhered to another insulating cork layer before finally being adhered to a decorative and natural cork veneer layer. The entire top veneer is then coated with a ceramic wear layer, which aids in the flooring's durability.
Size – Cork Tiles are 23-13/16" long x 17-1/2" wide.
Thickness – ~12mm (15/32")
Weight – Each cork tile weighs ~5 lbs.
Recommended Uses – USFloors New Dimensions flooriong tiles are designed for use in commercial and residential areas where foot traffic is the main source of wear. Some common places where cork flooring can be found include kitchens, half baths, wine cellars, libraries, in dens, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, basements and much much more.
New Dimensions wide tile cork flooring is easy to clean and maintain. To properly protect and maintain your new cork floor, just follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum you flooring frequently in order to avoid the build-up of abrasive particles which can scratch you flooring.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, use only a damp mop with a mild soap. Never use a wet mop.
- Spills should always be cleaned immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to doors and in front of kitchen sinks to prevent wear. Try to avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- To prevent indentations in your new floor, install proper protectors under the “feet” of any furniture. This will help to reach a proper weight distribution across the flooring surface, thus abating indentations. Proper protectors are made of felt, flexible rubber, or saucer-shaped plastic guides.
- Caster wheeled chairs should have wide, rubber casters preferably. Protective mats are recommended under office chairs.
- It is recommended that a humidity level of 30-50% be maintained to reduce the risk of your floor buckling. A humidifier may be necessary to achieve this humidity level.
Note: Do not use any cleaning products that contain abrasive chemicals or solvents such as acetone and they can cause irreversible damage to the floor surface.
For more detailed maintenance and protection information, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. To view the installation instructions, please Click Here.