Description - USFloors Wide Cork Tiles are available in several bold and beautiful styles. This cork plank collection comes in a narrow plank and features a beveled edge allowing you to create a finished look around your new floor. This ‘Eco-Friendly’ product is easy to install and needs no adhesive or tape which means less mess and a faster install. These cork planks also feature a special “click” together tongue and groove system that allows for a tighter connection between each plank. This allows for the cork flooring to be installed in areas where others can’t such as bathrooms and odd shaped rooms. Wide Cork Tiles are also mold and mildew resistant and contains anti-bacterial properties. These cork planks are also free of any hazardous chemicals and are GreenGuard Indoor Air Quality Certified. So if you are looking for a floor that will help reduce noise and increase comfort in your home, then USFloors Wide Cork Tiles are the product for you.
Material – Wide Cork Tiles are made with a cork sound control backing adhered to an HDF baseboard, which is then adhered to another insulating cork layer before finally being adhered to a decorative and natural cork veneer layer. The entire top veneer is then coated with a ceramic wear layer, which aids in the flooring's durability.
Size – Cork Planks are 35-5/8" long x 7-9/32" wide.
Thickness – ~12mm (15/32")
Weight – Each cork plank weighs ~4 lbs.
Recommended Uses – USFloors Wide Cork flooring tiles are designed for use in commercial and residential areas where foot traffic is the main source of wear. Some common places where cork flooring can be found include kitchens, half baths, wine cellars, libraries, in dens, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, basements and much much more.
Wide Cork Tiles are very easy to clean and maintain. To properly protect and maintain your new cork floor, just follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum you flooring frequently in order to avoid the build-up of abrasive particles which can scratch you flooring.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, use only a damp mop with a mild soap. Never use a wet mop.
- Spills should always be cleaned immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to doors and in front of kitchen sinks to prevent wear. Try to avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- To prevent indentations in your new floor, install proper protectors under the “feet” of any furniture. This will help to reach a proper weight distribution across the flooring surface, thus abating indentations. Proper protectors are made of felt, flexible rubber, or saucer-shaped plastic guides.
- Caster wheeled chairs should have wide, rubber casters preferably. Protective mats are recommended under office chairs.
- It is recommended that a humidity level of 30-50% be maintained to reduce the risk of your floor buckling. A humidifier may be necessary to achieve this humidity level.
Note: Do not use any cleaning products that contain abrasive chemicals or solvents such as acetone and they can cause irreversible damage to the floor surface.
For more detailed maintenance and protection information, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. To view the installation instructions, please Click Here.