Description - USFloors Almada Collection brings a fresh twist to cork flooring featuring a traditional hardwood floor look with all the benefits of cork flooring. This natural cork flooring comes in a narrow plank with beveled edges and installs in a breeze using a drop and lock installation method. Since this flooring plank is comprised of cork, it is naturally resistant to mold, mildew and pests and provides you with comfort and warmth underfoot. Almada cork flooring is Greenguard Children and Schools certified, which ensures that this cork plank will not introduce harmful emissions into your home. This cork flooring collection features 22 different styles/colors and will certainly bring sophistication and style to any room in your home. Each cork flooring plank has also been constructed to last, being finished with USFloors proprietary Endura AR UV – cured finish with advanced generation abrasion resistance to ensure your floor looks great for years to come. So if you looking for a floor that is not only ‘Green’ but is also durable and beautiful, then USFloors Almada cork plank is for you.
Material – Natural Cork Almada planks are made with a cork sound control backing adhered to an HDF baseboard, which is then adhered to another insulating cork layer before finally being adhered to a decorative and natural cork veneer layer. The entire top veneer is then coated with a ceramic wear layer, which aids in the flooring's durability.
Size – Cork Planks are 35-5/8" long x 4-1/8" wide.
Thickness – ~10mm (13/32")
Weight – Each cork plank weighs ~2 lbs.
Recommended Uses – USFloors Reflections of Nature flooriong tiles are designed for use in commercial and residential areas where foot traffic is the main source of wear. Some common places where cork flooring can be found include kitchens, half baths, wine cellars, libraries, in dens, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, basements and much much more.
Almada cork flooring is easy to clean and maintain. To properly protect and maintain your new cork floor, just follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum you flooring frequently in order to avoid the build-up of abrasive particles which can scratch you flooring.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, use only a damp mop with a mild soap. Never use a wet mop.
- Spills should always be cleaned immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to doors and in front of kitchen sinks to prevent wear. Try to avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- To prevent indentations in your new floor, install proper protectors under the “feet” of any furniture. This will help to reach a proper weight distribution across the flooring surface, thus abating indentations. Proper protectors are made of felt, flexible rubber, or saucer-shaped plastic guides.
- Caster wheeled chairs should have wide, rubber casters preferably. Protective mats are recommended under office chairs.
- It is recommended that a humidity level of 30-50% be maintained to reduce the risk of your floor buckling. A humidifier may be necessary to achieve this humidity level.
Note: Do not use any cleaning products that contain abrasive chemicals or solvents such as acetone and they can cause irreversible damage to the floor surface.
For more detailed maintenance and protection information, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. To view the installation instructions, please Click Here.